A Step into the Real World

Assalamualaikum,

These four days were exhausting which was to be expected. I learned a lot yet still remain oblivious, or more like now I am more than ever aware how clueless I am. 

Let me start by pointing out the things I learnt by merely watching they do their work. The way they handle situations and stay calm despite us kinda being a grump.

 I was also astonished to see the leader so energetic, especially at his old age. I mean, he couldn't have bothered and get away with it. But not only was he present for almost every event, he participated. And I mean really joined in and eased everyone into having fun as well.

Which made me start thinking of what type of person I want to be, not just as a leader but also a mere participator. How we choose to end our day lies with us. I could be a leader who moves a crowd's heart and as a participator, I shall be enthusiastic and cooperative.

How do you wish to be remembered?

Besides that, old seniors came and gave us advice. They didn't sugarcoat how tough it is going to be. It's going to be hard, and yeah, struggling is a part of life. That was my favourite moment during the orientation, getting tips and guidance.

Do it or don’t do it — you will regret both.
— Søren KierkegaardEither/Or 

Always be curious
Keep on learning, never stop learning
Think out of the box, do not limit yourself
Do more than what is expected of you
Gain experience
Surround yourself with useful and reliable friends
Ask and ask
Strive for perfection, do not slack
Avoid procrastination
Do not hesitate or waver
Be bold
Be joyful and optimistic, be someone you want to be around with
Be strong and anyone can be a leader


Overall, we were emphasized over and over again, we aren't going to survive by just being book-smart and secluded. We need people to connect with and learn new things; from exploring our surroundings.

I admit I am perturbed of what I am to face from now onward. As I mention before, there are so many things I have yet to learn and not just academically. I don't know what I should do if a I am put into a certain situation, and where I am to learn how to solve them.

But my mother said, I won't learn everything all at once, as I grow older I will start getting the hang out of it and it's fine. Just ask around, search for the answers and figure it out. Learning is journey that never really ends.



Comments

Popular Posts