Trip to Indonesia

Assalamualaikum,

A month ago, I had a trip to Indonesia specifically Malang, Surabaya. Every weekend while I was studying there for a month with other students, the Indonesian students who were taking care of us would bring us to places.

All which surprisingly is just in Malang, I am surprised by the number of beautiful places there. 

Please search it up. 
  • Pantai Balekambang
  • Cafe Sawah
  • Bromo
  • Kampung Warna Warni
  • Coban Rais
  • Omah Kayu  
The scenery is beautiful ...and perfect for Instagram! For someone who rarely posts on Instagram, my friends were shocked to see me suddenly become so active.

I am not going to go into detail about each trip.



Bromo was the highlight of the trip to Indonesia. Mt.Bromo is an active volcano. And we went up to get a closer look. You can ride up or down by horse! For 100k rupiah. But down for 50k rupiah. I went down by a horse and I was amazed at how smooth it was. And if you are lucky, they will offer to take a picture otw down. Don't forget to ask for a picture because my friend wasn't as lucky.

It is sandy over there so do not forget to wear a mask. And it is super cold, I had to pray subuh up the mountain. And I was so cold that when I was taking my wuduk, I let the tap drip the water, even then, it hurt. That is how cold it is. So wear a coat and gloves. And even a hat would help.



Next, Kampung Warna Warni. I thought at first it was originally made for tourist's attraction but it was actually an actual KAMPUNG then ended up becoming a tourist attraction. People actually do live there. The whole place is wonderfully decorated and coloured in many different colours. There is also a bridge that connects two different parts. The other area has 3D paintings.



Coban Rais is a nice place to take pictures. Along the hill, there are spots for taking pictures but you would have to pay for each spot. It is better to buy the package. There will be a cameraman at each spot and they will take your picture. Each spot is beautiful, like one spot you can ride a bicycle on a rope! Of course, it is safe. 

Further up the hill, you will see a waterfall! I hadn't had the fortune to see it. But, the rest of the group did.

The people there were sweet especially after they found out we are from Malaysia. They were like, 'Upin Ipin, Boboiboy!' and 'Kak Ros!'. I didn't know I would feel proud of seeing our cartoon merchandise. They even knew more about the cartoon than I did.



The food there is scrumptious. Going to Indonesia, you should definitely eat Bakso! There are many sorts of Bakso, I was able to eat it with cheese meatball.



Also, don't forget to eat Mie Setan which has different degrees of spiciness while for those like me that can't eat spicy food can eat Mie Angel!

The was a few things I was uncomfortable with. It was the fact it wasn't conducive for girls to pray in the prayer room which combined both female and male, it was not a separate area and there was no wuduk location for girls. We had to go to the bathrooms and every time you want to go to a bathroom, you had to pay.

Overall, it was a great trip. It wasn't as hot there compared to Malaysia but it wasn't freezing either (except Bromo), it was just right. For some places, we just travel using GRAB. I would describe the view but you guys could just google it.

I had fun and made many great memories.

Comments

Popular Posts