An Act of Kindness

Assalmualaikum,

Have you ever been so touched by the actions or words of some stranger?

Last year, there was this one subject that had a test upcoming, and because I had a program the week before I missed a lot of things. And I was worried about how I was going to cope.

So I randomly messaged a number from the Whatsapp group of the class (I knew no one from that class as they were all from random faculties), and then ask that person a few questions about the class I missed.

I didn't expect much and just asked if she could take a picture of her notes that day, and I would just try to understand myself.

But there were somethings I couldn't comprehend so I would ask her now and then. She then tried to teach me via message but then said it was hard to explain via message.

I was anxious and decided to just try my luck, with zero hopes of her actually agreeing, and asked her if she could teach me face-to-face. I was thinking in my head, she would never agree, it would too troublesome, she barely knew me, actually, we are absolutely strangers, I don't even know what she looked like
But she said YES!

She didn't even hesitate.

Of course, I went according to where and whenever she wants.

On the day, she was really patient as she taught me, even proceeding to teach not only the part I missed but the overall subject, in which I didn't understand.

After that experience, I believe there are still good people in this world...

Also, I want to mention just random small (but huge to me) an act of kindness...

As you all know, or may not, it is Ramadan! I went to the cinema with my sister and anyway there was a non-muslim person next to me. The person kept glancing my way, I only realized after why. That person then moved seats, (just a seat away actually) as soon as the movie started before proceeding to eat his popcorn and drink. So he was cautious and was very understanding. I was really touched, especially cause it came from a non-muslim person. Personally, I wouldn't mind if he ate next to me ( I can't expect even the non-muslims to be fasting~) so the fact that he was that thoughtful was nice.

Another story:- Today, I had some business to handle. I felt too timid to go alone, so I asked my friends if they could accompany me and they did. Which I thought they would be more reluctant. I was touched. Cause' they didn't have to really.

All these events make me realize that you should always be kind to one another, be sincere. It also made me realize, am I a horrible person? Cause' I am always shocked when I meet these type of people.

I always think to myself if I was put into the situation where those people are, would I have done the same thing?  Would I help a random person texting me to teach them? Would I be willing to go out during my free time to just accompany my friend to the office? 

I am not sure, but I should reflect on myself. I hope to be a better person and maybe make people feel the same way these people make me feel. Be the best version of myself!!

Comments

Popular Posts