Procrastination

For a long time, I was afraid of driving, although I already got my license. It didn't help that as soon as I got my license I had to go to college and stay in the dorm. Basically, I didn't drive the whole time I was at college which was for one year.

Even after I was done with college and then got in the university of my dreams (eye roll*), I didn't drive another year as first-years can't drive around campus anyway. A good excuse for my cowardly self to escape to. 

But second-year then rolled in, and there was a spare car I could use to drive...but my father worked at the university I was studying in and I could just go with him~ seemed much easier~ (Another excuse for me to not get over my fear of driving)

However, the day where I had no excuse came~ My father had to go overseas to work for a whole week! So I had to toughen up. It's weird, cause as scared as I was, I was excited that my mind couldn't make up excuses for me to avoid getting over my fears.

Anyway, I wanted to relate my experience of getting over my fear of driving with this video about procrastination, a Ted Talk from Tim Urban, titled "Inside the mind of a master procrastinator".

I am a procrastinator. And he talked about deadlines and how a procrastinator drags everything to the last minute. I found it funny and relatable (reminds me of some people). Although like he mentions, I am still okay with deadlines as the panic monster comes and scares away the Instant Gratification Monkey. But the real problem lies when there are no deadlines. When we procrastinate in life, starting something we want to do, or...getting over my fear...

It's why I am trying to just say Yes to going to certain activities when I'm in university. I want to try and get over my fears and grow as a person. Cause' not now, when? This also can apply to many things in my life, and maybe to everyone's...like when you say it's too hard or I have no time...maybe you actually do and if you try you might achieve your dreams. So don't let the monkey take over! 🙈

Comments

Popular Posts