What I miss...

I have been quarantining/social distancing since March. And I am starting to appreciate a lot of things since I have been stuck at home.

I miss talking to people the most. It's not like I am living alone but talking to friends and family are very different. I love talking to my family, but I also love talking to my friends. I am not even the type to talk a lot and sometimes find conversation tedious and bothersome and I used to hate small talk.  But now I miss it so much. Sometimes I wish I could call any of my friends just to randomly say hello.

I miss eating out with my family and friends.

Simply put, I miss socializing. Which seems so out of character for me, an introverted, shy and a bit of a loner person.

Recently though, my friends and I have been video calling each other, watching movies together and chatting.  Which I love them for.  It really does help mentally and emotionally just to talk to someone or message someone. I do hope we keep in touch and continue with the video calls, let it become at the minimum a weekly thing. 

This MCO is teaching me a lot of things. Like, the importance of keeping in touch with friends, and asking how are they.  When you are alone or have no one to talk to, its easy to fall in a slump and its harder to get up when you are trapped in your head. 




Comments

Popular Posts