Sharing Food

I used to be in a private school for my primary school years. At secondary school though, I went to a government school. It was different. Very overwhelming for me. The people acted differently, sometimes in small ways.

I remember the first time eating with my classmates during lunch break, I brought my own lunch. It was lasagna. One person, I don't remember how it went but I let her take a bite. And instead of after taking a bite passing it back to me, she passed it around the table. I was horrified.

But it was so natural for them.

Eventually, I realized it was normal for them to do this. Anyone who brings something from home would share it with everyone at the table.

I felt bad for thinking badly of them. They even shared with me. Even though I was more of a friend of a friend than a close friend.

It was really nice though to share.


Comments

Popular Posts