Shyness

Assalamualaikum!

I feel kinda great. I want to tell the whole world, hey! I'm a new person or I'm just the same old me, but this time I actually get to show people what I'm capable of.

If I tell you why I feel this way, everyone will be like 'Alaaa, Tu je?' (If you're malay.) But, I seriously feel like I achieved something. The reason is, today, I had to do a presentation. I usually will feel nervous and my hands will get cold, in my heart I wish I somehow got hit by a truck so I didn't have to go up front. (Stupid, I know.) 

But, surprisingly, I wasn't even a bit nervous. I was excited. I wanted to go up front and try to see what I'm capable of. I think I did well, the teacher advised me to face the front that's all. I kept reading what was on the whiteboard, not looking up front cause I didn't write it down or memorize the things I have to say.... XD

Really, what I want to say here is. I hate when people label me shy. I just hate it! There's a difference between me not wanting to talk and me being shy. I admit I'm not outgoing or talkative. Ask all my best friends! Of course, I'm more talkative to my best friends compared to my normal friends but still there is just a time when there is awkward silence between me and my friends. It has nothing to do with my shyness. It's just I don't talk much.

My family all think I'm shy. They all think I have so little friends~ But, I'm not! I talk when I need to. I speak up when I have to. I'm braver than my sisters, I just hate it when people act like I'm pathetically shy or weak.

Once this girl came and said to me, 'Why are you so shy?' That was almost laughable, cause she's known for being shy too!! I just wish people stopped judging me. 

Comments

Popular Posts