I don't know anymore...



Here I am feeling lost.
Wandering aimlessly.
Feeling deprived yet pushing away.
No one is here.
It's just as I feared.
Feeling as I am being drowned,
Yet, not willing to struggle
I twirl around an empty room
I stomped to and fro down an empty hall,
I talk and cry in front of a mirror
Hoping that maybe no one listens
I get dizzy in the crowded room,
My lips twitching, tired of smiling
What am I even doing?
My eyes start to wander away from their faces,
Hoping to get away,
What do I want?
You gave me hope,
Reaching out a hand,
Then whisking it away as I went to reach,
People look away as soon as the silence sets in,
No one looks my way to hear my voice linger in.
Can you help me blow the lights out?
Let me bask in the darkness for a while,
Yeah, yeah, I'll be fine.
No, no, no need to stay,
You'll be gone one day anyway.

-Izzati MT-


Comments

Popular Posts