Getting your hopes up.

I feel really disappointed lately.

It's because of one small event/moment. Nonetheless, this one event made me remind me back to all the times that this had been done to me just not in a very long time.

Anyway, this is a rant. Beware. An older classmate of mine has been asking for me to be the same group with her since last semester for a particular course. And the first time she mentioned it, I did not take it seriously, a lot of people say things, promising things for the sake of conversation. So I brushed her invitation aside, telling myself not to get my hopes up. (Que the credits)  

However, after that, every now and then when we meet she would bring up the topic back up and remind me that we must be in the same group next semester. So I was starting to get flattered that she thought of me, wanted to be in the same group and was actually sincere.

Back to the present. The semester where we have to make the group for the said course. She goes radio silence. She never mentions us the group or anything. 

Yet, I had a good impression on her, so I asked. "So, are we going to be in the same group?"

And she answers, "Maybe, we'll see." This is not her exact words, but that was what she meant basically to me. Apparently, she already made a group with another classmate of mine. 

The group requires 8-9 people btw. So she never thought of me at all. It really hurt me cause she was the one who was overly enthusiastic about reminding me we had to be a team and I agreed. 

Not only did she not put me in her team, but she also didn't even mention it to me the next semester. Maybe apologizing, that she already got teammates and it's full.

I end up searching for a random team to join in. Waiting after class for other people who were also searching for a team. So I basically join the leftover group. 

The leftover group though has a lot of foreigners/exchange students. Which is fun, cause I always wanted a chance to interact with them.

Joining a leftover group is nerve-wracking cause it's a 50-50 for disaster. No teamwork and a mess. Hopefully, all will end well.

Comments

Popular Posts