Interactions





I thought by the time we become university students, people would have changed; that their mentality would change. But, it still reminds me of high school where everyone are such groupies.

I am tired of being with the same person daily. I want to mingle with different people every day, broaden my horizons. I see a pattern where people only hang out with the same group of people, day to day.

In each group assignment, it is always the same gang/members (not a gangster,k) .

The good thing about having a groupie, it's that you are never alone. And yeah, for group assignments you don't have to scatter around searching for group members and ending up joining a leftover group filled with people who also didn't find a group... like I did~

Whereas I felt bad cause' despite me being in university after a couple semesters, the list of names or people I knew did not increase incredibly every semester. (Might have even decreased, cause I am so damn forgetful) 

It is surprising, how even the friendliest and outgoing people are the most group-centred type. Preferring to interact with only their own friends than getting to know other new people.

It is no wonder that despite having exchange students in our faculty, I usually see them hanging out among themselves then the locals. Cause' the locals prefer to be with their own friends. (Based on my observation, k. I am not saying they are being neglected. They have local friends...)

Recently we have to make a group consisting out of 8 people. But the condition was we had to have different races. Our class had like 60:40 of two major different races (I won't say which...) but people ended up making groups prioritizing their own race and only leaving one or two spots for other races. Who wants to be a minority? 

This isn't a race issue. It is a groupie issue. (Not sure if there a better terms for it.) I don't blame anyone cause I kinda get it but it's kinda sad.

So most groups had enough members but their problem was they didn't have any other races in their group. It was not a matter of there wasn't enough other races in the class this time. Which tends to be the case sometimes...but a matter of selfishness I guess, the unwillingness to be separated from their gang/groupie.

Anyway, I have mentioned what I love about my matriculation days is that I never was with the same person every day. And what I like about this semester is that because most of my classmates have been separated due to choosing different tracks, I ended up sitting and talking with different people in different class too. 

Slightly lonely yet relieving in some sense. An extrovert won't get it (or maybe you do...maybe an extroverts understand better?)~

What I conclude from seeing this type of behaviour is how are these people going to survive overseas? Or in a working environment...

Comments

Popular Posts