Invisible

Assalamualaikum,

A random conversation with my friend had me thinking? She asked whether there is a possibility there is someone who no one knows exists in our faculty. Someone no one notices.

Maybe no one knowing someone exists is a stretch but I always kinda feel invisible. Mostly in high school.

I used to read a couple of books where the characters are so easy to forget and people don't know of their existence. A character where only if the character actually tried to interact with someone then the person would notice their existence but then they would be forgotten again. In the books, I read, it's usually because they are cursed or something like that. Like the main character in Neverwhere. (I recommend reading this book!)

But I always could relate to the feeling of being forgotten or unnoticeable. I am not sure if it was all in my head but I assume many people didn't realize my existence.

Until recently I still thought no one really notices me but a few instances made me realize that may have not been entirely true.

I heard people have been talking about me behind my back, not in a negative way. At least I don't think so. They just tell other people what I am up to, a random conversation. Which surprised me cause I assume I was like that character from Neverwhere, where if your out of sight, out of mind.

Usually, if people do mention me they would be like, "Oh, that quiet girl with the glasses..." One of the reasons I hate asking people their first impression of me cause it's never unique it is always the same and I feel almost offended yet understand.

Oops, I am slightly off track...

So, what I am trying to conclude, I do think someone can be totally unnoticeable. I still think I am one of them just not extremely so. I hope I can be more out there. I shall try. InsyaAllah.

Comments

Popular Posts